Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Salta Day 1

We just got back to our hotel in Salta after a night out walking around the central plaza and indulging in a delicious steak dinner, possibly our last steak dinner for a while. It might be good for us to eat healthy this week. Tomorrow morning we have a seven hour bus to the border of Bolivia. I started a new book "Water for Elephants" on the plane and I am already enticed by the firt 50 pages. I expect the bus ride will seem shorter thanks to it.

Matt got food poisoning this past weekend while he was duck hunting. He is feeling better but he is still suffering from stomach aches. Luckily you don't need a perscription to get antibiotics so he was able to get his hands on some. I am crossing my fingers he feels better by tomorrow because once we cross the border it's going to be hard to come back.

1 comment:

  1. Autobus trips can be one tough experience. It is Ok if you are only travelling for 6 hours to get to the Costa Beaches (Costa Atlantica) but if you are heading north like Salta of south like Bariloche, then you could be in trouble. Highways and routes are not safe since Argentine people drive very bad. If you have a very long trip, like let´s say 15 hours, you should make sure that your Autobus has beds to sleep in. Last year I rented an apartment in buenos aires and after that I travelled to Salta. That bed was the best thing that could have ever happened to me.
    Cheers,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete