Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vamos jugar!

I have my first soccer game today! Wheeties and gatorade for breakfast (okay... more like mate and a croissant). I found the team while doing some research online and finally one of the girls responded to my email a couple weeks ago. The team is only Portenas so I'll have to figure out the soccer lingo in Spanish but I am sure I will pick it up pretty fast. I am excited to play with only Portenas because I want to make friends with some local girls. I have met enough expats like me!

Matt found two team to play on so he is playing about three times a week  Soccer is such a big part of the culture here so it would have been a shame if we didn't get involved. If you meet a boy from BA it is pretty much guaranteed that he is going to play soccer. They play on turf fields here, which are not like the long grassy fields at home. They sometimes play as late as 12 at night just depends on if you can reserve a field or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment