Friday, April 1, 2011

No mas carne

This would be daring to say out loud, but this is a blog so I can say it. I have come to the point where I do not want to look at meat anymore. This city has a infatuation with it and although I indulged in this obsession to the point where I was questioning if I had eaten a whole cow yet, I am starting to point my nose in other directions. This change in attitude is due to two things. For one, my taste buds no longer get dazzled by some of the highest quality meat I might ever eat, which is never a good sign, and secondly I have gained what some of us here like to call the BA 15, similar to the freshman 15 but instead the culprit is not cheap fraternity beer but meat, ice cream and wine. I have begun the quest for healthy options that will still leave me feeling satisfied. As far as finding healthy ice cream, there is no hope but I am adding to my small list of healthy cafes, restaurants and markets little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment